Thursday, July 28, 2005

Anyone Know Any Good Recipies????

I need some good recipies for zucchini and summer squash. No meat no mushrooms involved please. (I'm a vegemetarian who is allergic to mushrooms)

Why zucchini and squash recipies? Well I have enough of it to last me a long time, and I want to use it before it goes bad.

How did I come across such quantities of zucchini and squash you ask?? I shall tell you.

One of my friends from work has a garden. In her garden 2 of the things she grows are zucchini and summer squash. She had a lot extra so she gave me some. And, well, I think her garden is next to a nuclear power plant, because these are the HUGEST veggies I have ever seen. (Is hugest a word? oh well)

The zucchini are about 2 feet long each, with a diameter of about 6-7 inches each, and weigh about 5 pounds each. The squash are about half that size with a slightly larger diameter. I took pictures, but I have to wait until my film gets developed. YES I still use film....

So yeah, I have a lot of veggies to cook and I only have a couple of recipies. Any good ideas anyone??????

No comments: