Saturday, January 28, 2006

Oh Yeah, I almost forgot to tell you...

I FOUND A DRESS!!!!! WHOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! I haven't officially ordered it yet, but I really think this is it. I'm SO GLAD I don't have to keep dress shopping and the sprinkles on the icing on the cake is that the store is walking distance from my apartment!!!!!

It was such a last minute thing, we had made two appointments at two different stores and the first store had a selection of like 10 dresses total, all heinous, so we had a space of like 5 hours before the next appointment. So I called a local bridal store in Stamford to see if I could come in last minute and they said come on in and so we did and I FOUND IT! It totally was meant to be. teee heeee!

The funny thing is, I never thought I'd go there because they didn't have any dresses from any of the designers I liked. But I figured we had time, it's right here, and let's go and see, we might be surprised. And the dress is actually one I'd seen in a magazine and thought it was nice but never thought I'd get it. It had some of the things I wanted but some things I didn't think I'd like, PLUS it was strapless. But we tried it on because the company is REALLY flexible about adding things to their dresses. And this dress was REALLY amenable to adding sleeves even though it's completely strapless, all because of the locations of the beading. Apparantly the company makes alterations and adds sleeves and changes things around to personalize it for customers all the time and from what they told me @ the bridal store, the dresses come out looking really good because the manufacturer does it, not a seamstress later on. They had little "sleeve additions" for me to put on with the dress so I could see the effect and it looked perfect.

I wasn't 100% sure @ first because it really didn't have some of the thinggs I wanted in a dress, but the longer I had it on the longer I liked it and the better I felt in it. And seeing the sleeves made a huge difference too. It made it A LOT easier to imagine. I didn't order it right away because I wanted to sleep on it, plus we had another appointment later in the day. (Which turned out to be totally NOT worth it) SO I'll call them later this week and order it.

So that's that. I have a truly elegant dress that made my Mom and Sister tear and exclaim over, and even now, the more I look at pictures of it the more I like it. I even printed out a picture from the computer, took out my paints and painted in some sleeves with white paint. And it really looks great. SO YAY!!!!

I'm not going to post it here because I don't want Rob to see it, but I wanted to update y'all on my dress progress and celebrate that I'm done shopping!!! WHOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!

No comments: