Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I was Googling Harry Potter....

Because Rob and I are both excited about the latest & last book which comes out on Saturday. Rob has been for weeks and weeks and weeks and months saying "I can't wait for Harry Potter" I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also a bit sad that it's the last book, none more to look forward to. I think I may have semirecently BLOGged on this. ANYWAY, I digress. I found this article from the Jerusalem Post.

Yishai opposes sale of 'Harry Potter' on Shabbat
Industry, Trade, and Labor Minister Eli Yishai (Shas) said Tuesday that he intended to fine any bookstores that open this Shabbat to sell copies of the seventh and last book in J.K. Rowling's 'Harry Potter' series.

Yishai said that there were limits to how far Israel could go to be like other nations. "I've instructed inspectors to be ready... and I intend to indict anyone who breaks the Shabbat Law."

Currently, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is scheduled to hit store shelves at 2:01 a.m. Saturday morning, that is overnight between Friday and Saturday.
Israel's Ministry of Magic declined to comment.



I laughed. and laughed. and laughed. The whole Shabbat thing in Israel doesn't surprise me nor bother me, I've known other things to be held or banned because it fell on Shabbat. New Years 2000 for instance. No parties allowed in Jerusalem. Though I seem to remember hearing about a few in other parts of the country, but I could be wrong.
What I found funny was the comment on the Israeli Ministry of Magic. :) Very clever.Oh yeah, and then I get an e-mail from my husband who somehow managed to get his hands on some Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans and informed me that the "vomit" flavored beans really do taste like vomit. EEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Well, that's what you get for eating Every Flavor Beans. I once got completely thrown off (because I thought I had picked out all the weird flavors) by an extremely realistic and spicy horseradish flavored bean. It was fairly unpleasant to say the least, though probably not QUITE as bad as the vomit flavored one. I can see how it could make one "[Lose their] liking for them" to quote Dumbledore. I certainly never bought them again.

No comments: