I was SO upset when it was over. But have no fear, I have 2/3 of the episodes on tape. And if anyone ever wants to get me an awesome present, go to my Amazon Wish list and get me the Voyager DVD's. TEE HEE!
One of the reasons I love Voyager so much is Captain Janeway! SHE'S SO COOL!!! YAY FOR A FEMALE STRASHIP CAPTAIN!!! I found this, thought it was kinda funny and thought I'd share. WHOO HOO FOR CAPTAIN JANEWAY!!! :)
REASONS WHY CAPTAIN JANEWAY IS BETTER THAN CAPTAIN PICARD
2. More hair than all previous Star Trek commanding officers combined.
3. Drinks coffee, not that sissy "Earl Grey" stuff.
4. Beams down to the planet like real Captains should.
5. Mutes the doctor when the doctor gets out of line.
6. Keeps her First Officer properly in the dark.
7. Can speak "technobabble" with the best of them.
8. Hasn't let an adolescent pilot the Federation flagship -- yet.
9. Picard could never act like a prostitute to gain a tactical advantage.
10. Commanded ships blown up: Picard: 2 Janeway: 1/2
11. Voyager needs a female Captain. Its Captain must be willing to admit they're lost and pull over for directions.
12. Hasn't quoted Shakespeare -- yet.
13. Looks better in sleepwear.
14. Gives guilt trips that would make a Jewish mother proud.
15. Isn't French with an English accent.
16. Will give you two days off to ponder your lifeshattering experience.
17. When Janeway lands her ship, it can take off again.
18. Janeway says "I don't like you!" to her enemies instead of trying to convince them to behave better.
19. To comfort children, Janeway cares for them in a loving motherly way. 20. Picard sings a song...in French...about a monk...who can't wake up for morning bells.
21. The only child on Voyager is a cute little thing with horns.
22. Janeway has a First Officer with a tattoo.
23. Picard likes to talk his way through. Janeway likes to punch her way through.
24. She doesn't have any pesky Federation Admirals to get in her way.
25. Three words: Compression Phaser Rifles.
26. Acknowledges freely when she breaks the Prime Directive instead of trying to weasle her way out of it with philosophical ramblings.
27. 40 episodes without surrendering the ship.
28. 40 episodes and Wesley has yet to save the ship.
29. Janeway's holo programs create useful things like doctors and lungs. Picard's holodecks create maniacal evil geniouses who yet again take over the ship.
30. She doesn't need to straighten her uniform every time she stands.
31. Janeway has never worn green tights and frolicked about in Sherwood Forest. However, if she did, she would look fantastic!
32. Same level of sexual tension between Doctor and Captain.
33. Has kids and they're cute little things.
34. Never worries about meeting a son she never knew she had.
35. Kirk looked good in ripped shirts; Picard looked good without a shirt; Janeway would look... no, they can't do that on network television.
36. Doesn't force her crew to wear awful outfits, unless it is to blend in with a primitive planet.
37. She doesn't waste time learning foreign languages. All lifeforms in the Delta Quadrant speak perfect English.
38. Her engineer does not wear a bananna clip over her eyes.
39. Slouches in her chair even in critical life-threatening moments.
40. Doesn't have a Counselor on board (thank God!).
41. Her telepath only lives nine years.
42. Janeway heard the words "boldly go where no man (er, woman) has gone before" and took them to the extreme.
43. 45,000 light-years is one thing. Every point in the universe instantaneously? That's excessive!
44. Picard tells alien cultures, "I hope our two cultures will one day come to a greater understanding." Janeway threatens them with "the deadliest of force."
45. Janeway's holo-characters fall in love with her. Picard's holo-characters want to kill him.
46. Janeway's Security Chief would never grow a ponytail.
47. The high point of Enterprise cuisine were scrambled eggs that only Worf could stomach.
48. Janeway doesn't have to point which way to go when they set off.
49. Maintains an elaborate hairdo that would baffle even Princess Leia.
50. Has mastered facial expression understood by all to mean, "Boy, Paris, are YOU ever stupid."
51. Doesn't need her first officer's permission to blow up her ship.
52. The highest field commision Picard ever gave out was "Acting Ensign."
53. Hugs her Vulcan from time to time.
54. Has a more manly voice.
55. Doesn't have a starship that splits in half when it's in a tight spot.
56. Has a dog and a significant other, not some damn fish!
57. Had sex with a crewmember and "might have initiated it."
58. Kes. Troi. No contest.
59. Neelix. Replicator. Ok, this one's debatable.
60. At least she doesn't have to yell "Hot!" at her cook every time she wants something to drink.
61. Her ship has neat-looking folding warp nacelles.
62. Her CONN officer actually went through the Academy.
63. Her CONN officer can use contractions.
64. Her first officer has a halucinogenic device.
65. Her Security Officer draws his phaser at the first hint of trouble. Picard's Security Officer gets beat up by half the aliens that come aboard.
66. Hostile aliens surrounding her, half the crew are spies, the nearest help is 75 years away, and she's still kept the ship together.
67. None of the crew members' relatives have ever tried to take over the ship, invade the Federation, steal a starship, or enslave all humankind.
68. To help her relax, Janeway's first officer helps her contact her spirit guide. Picard's first officer helps him get . . . to Risa.
69. Riker never smiled at Picard that way.
70. Q asked Janeway to run away with him and she refused. Q asked Picard's girlfriend to run away with him and she accepted.