Saturday, September 04, 2004

I'm Pooped.

Not to be confused with a revious post where i stepped in poop. I've had a looooong few days. Its just been crazy at work. We're behind schedule again, and I've had some crazy loony patients. I'm sooooo tired!

And once again, I'm working the weekend and disliking it. It's a holiday weekend, I have to work Saturday and Sunday, and I'm off on Monday. But I would have been off on Monday anyway! It's kinda frustrating, especially considering the same thing happened Memorial Day Weekend, and then I had to Work on July 4th, which was my weekend off... and Thanksgiving is my normal Thursday off, so I have to be at work Friday-Sunday so I lose that weekend.... I've been totally screwed this year because of the weekends, and holidays.... AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!! And Rob went away for the weekend, so I'm all alone, which feels weird to be in the apartment alone. Ah well. I guess I just got spoiled.

My supervisor said that next year she'll try to work it out so it doesn't happen like this again. But it's still frustrating and wearing while its happening. Plus I feel like I don't get vacation time..

There's talk of changing the weekend schedule so that instead of working every other weekend, we'd work one weekend a month. But we'd have to rotate to outpatient once or twice a week. I'm not sure exactly how it would work, but it may be worth it, even though I CAN'T STAND outpatient. But if we did it we'd do it in rotations, and I probably would be one of the later rotations, so I have more time to get my bearings befor being pushed into a place I'm not so comfortable. I'm first starting to really get comfortable in the hospital. And it'll probably be good for me even though I don't really want to do it. And not having so many weekends will be soooo worth it. I hope it works out.

In the meantime.... I work this weekend, then I'm off next weekend, and taking off most of the week/weekend after that for Rosh Hashana. I can't believe the holidays are here already.

Anyway, its been a looong day and I'm pooped, so more blabbing about nothing someother time! Hope everyone out there is having a great weekend!

No comments: