Thursday, September 02, 2004

Haircut

Today, I cut my hair. Well, not much, only a trim. But it's shorter and healthier and I like that.

My hair was actually pretty long, I want to grow it out to donate it. According to the salon guy I had (I think) 7 inches of donateable hair without giving me too short a haircut. I need 10-12 inches to donate it, and hair grows at a rate of about a half-inch per month. He took off about an inch and a half to keep it healthy. (My hair was SO dead at the ends, it hadn't been cut since December.)

So if I had 7 inches and he cut one and a half, that leaves me with 5 and a half. So it hair grows at about a half inch per month I figure 9 months to a year to grow it long enough to donate.

In the meantime, I just have to deal with my hair long... Which is ok, except its a pain in the neck to blowdry. But that's ok, kids with cancer or other medical conditions that leave them with no hair at all, sometimes permanently, are worth it. Besides, in the meantime, Rob loves the long hair, and I kinda like it too once the hassle is over with. :) Plus, I feel good about my end goal. And then a child will be able to have hair and be able to feel good about themselves, and THAT is the most important thing.

For more information on the subject of donating hair you can check out Locks of Love or Wigs for Kids.

No comments: