Sunday, October 24, 2004

Return

Well I've been back about a week now from San Francisco. Our trip was awesome. Rob and I had a great time. The city was beautiful, and HILLY! Whoever did the city planning though, was just strange, a grid was plopped down despite all the steep hills. If that area got any snow, it might be good for skiing or something.

We had perfect weather, 70ish and sunny the whole week, a little warmer in Sonoma and Yosemite. We did all the touristy things, Fisherman's Wharf, saw the Golden Gate Bridge and took A LOT of pictures of it. I think the GGB was the most photographed thing on our trip. Either that or half dome. Anyway, we also saw twisty Lombard Street, Chinatown, Alcatraz, we went to some museums, took a walking tour of the Victorian homes. The only thing we didn't do was ride a cable car. We tried, but could never get on one, the one time we actually waited on line at one of the turntables, we waited for 45 minutes, in the windy chill, we were hungry, but we were leaving in a day and when were we going to be able to ride the calbe cars again? So we waited, and waited, and waited, and we were about to get on the next car available, and then they shut the system down "for about an hour" and we didn't want to wait ANOTHER hour... so that was that. Sonoma was nice but a little disappointing, all the dead grass, the "Golden Hills" of CA.... Muir Woods was beautiful, and tranquil and fun, Rob bought seeds to grow a redwood in our apartment. YES, a Redwood in our apartment. Yosemite was FANTABULOUS, so amazingly beautiful, and we did some hiking and saw all the views and it was just amazing. We really hada very nice trip. And I'll leave Rob on his BLOG to tell you about all the details, because there's no sense in both of us doing it.... Though I may comment and add my opinions either on his BLOG or here from mine.

We got back and I had Monday off to recover, and then Tuesday morning I got sick and started throwing up, got a fever of 101, got dehydrated, etc and missed two more days of work. I felt so bad, I was feeling icky from being sick, and I knew we were short staffed this week, AND I had already been off for 10 days and then I missed 2 more... But now I'm betterer, though still tired (or is that my usual state?) And I spent this weekend at home with my parents just hanging out here, went to see my grandma and other family, and I relaxed and taped almost the whole second season of Dead Like Me from Showtime on Demand to watch. It's a really funny show, if you have access to Showtime at all, I highly recommend it. This girl gets killed by a toilet seat that fell from the Russian space station, and she becomes a Grim Reaper, taking the souls of people about to die, etc. Its pretty good. But I don't get showtime in CT, so I had to tape from my parents house. :)

So back to work tomorrow, working next weekend, and weekend after that I'm taking a continuing education course. :) YAY!

So that's been my life for the past two weeks or so.

What's been going on in YOUR life? Anything fun? Interesting? Tell me!

And as I sign off for today, I'll leave you with a cute link my sister sent me. you'll need sound for it. Enjoy!

I LIKE YOU!!!!

No comments: