Monday, May 02, 2005

Saw this on the bathroom wall too.

"Seatbelts are not as confining as wheelchairs"

SO TRUE!

When I was a student, I had a rotation at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, in their Spinal Cord Injury Rehab Center. And I saw a lot of traumatic spinal cord injuries. And there are different mechanisms, but one main one I saw was MVA without a seatbelt. The other one, Motorcycle accident. Thats a BIGGIE! There were like 4 patients on the unit who were in motorcycle accidents. I will NEVER EVER get on a motorcycle. And I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt, and I make everyone else in mycar wear them too. The care stays parked until all seatbelts are snapped in. 8 weeks ont that unit was enough drill that into me. It's pretty scary what can happen.

So before I get off of my soap box, WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!!!! I'm not going to say don't ride a motorcycle, (even though I wouldn't ever) but if you do, BE CAREFUL! and WEAR A HELMET! Brain Injuries aren't fun either.


Ok, Down off the soap box.

On another note, will the rain EVER STOP!?!?!?! OY!!!!

Ok, time to finish the laundry and prep for my student tomorrow! YIKES!!! Wish me luck! And give me Chicago tips if you have them! Thanks! BYE BYE!!!! :)

No comments: