Sunday, May 08, 2005

This week

Well, it's 9PM on Sunday night, and in 12 hours I will be on a plane on my way to Chicago! YAY! I'm SO Excited!!!!!

I'm heading off to the annual conference of the American Burn Association. I'm travelling alone, but I'm not going to the conference alone. I'm going with a bunch of peoples from the hospital. Sally the head nurse, I don't think other nurses from the unit are going this year, but Jen a rehab nurse is going, Dr Fidler who's the head honcho in charge of the Burn Unit, Dr. Shah, another attending MD, Gopal our Burn Fellow, John the Burn PA, Ed the OT, Jill the Dietician, and me!! Carie the PT. So it'll be quite a group of peoples and we should have fun. And learn a lot. I'm REALLY looking forward to learning a lot and picking up tips from other PT's treating burn patients.

It'll be a good conference I think. I'm looking forward to it. I love to travel. :) Going to a new city, learning more about treating burns, mingling with burn unit peoples from across the US and Canadia, getting free samples of pens and bath thermometers, and other fun stuff like that, all for free, you can't beat it. :) The CT Burn Foundation is paying all of our expenses, flight, hotel, conference fees, PLUS they're taking us out to dinner one night, so Kudos to them anda BIG Thank You!

So that's where I'll be the rest of this week. I may not get to a puter so if I don't update, you know why. I'll tell you ALLLLL aboot it when I get back on Sunday.

So have a great week all! :) :) :) :) :) :)

No comments: