Tuesday, June 07, 2005

OY YOY YOY!!

I know, I know I've been a bad blogger. Not so many posts in the past however long. My computer is almost kaput and Robs computer while working well, I haven't really had a ton of time and energy anyways... Just haven't been in the mood. And today, well that's ANOTHER story entirely...

It's been a long week or so. JCAHO is at the hospital, and if anyone is in the health care field you know how much that puts the fear of the gods in you. They are the people that accredit the hospital, and let you stay open, give you your status etc. It's a pretty scary, nerve wracking time when they visit, because everything has to be PREFECT or you're in trouble. Anyway so EVERYONE in the Hospital is completely NUTS! Everyone is crazy and stressed and neurotic and OY YOY YOY!!!! It's just not a happy week at work....

And of course, I had to have my JCAHO moment today. Not bad as much as embarrassing. But I'm sure the bad/questioning will come to me at SOME point in the week, ESPECIALLY on the Burn Unit. OY! ANYWAY, on to my embarrassing moment.

I went up to the Rehab Unit this afternoon to get a walker for a patient in the ER. (Which did absolutely NO good BTW because the pt was extremely impossible and rude and horrible, just like EVERY patient I had today...) While I was up there I decided to use the ladies room because well, I didn't know where it was in the ER and I didn't want to have to wait until after the eval was done. The bathroom by the nurses station was occupied so I figured I'd use the one in the conference room at the other end of the hallway, as I just didn't want to/couldn't wait.

Well, just my luck, while I'm in the bathroom, JCAHO comes into the conference room with a bunch of head peoples on the rehab unit for a questioning session/meeting. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't just sit there for however long the meeting would take the patient downstairs was waiting for me, but I didn't really want to walk in on the meeting either. So I just bit the bullet and flushed and opened the door, scaring the heck out of the JCAHO people and causing craziness, I was SO EMBARRASSED! They didn't realize the bathroom was there so they were all surprised, and then everyone was laughing at me and I'm tripping over myself trying to get out of the room while apologizing, my boss is there, his boss is there and his boss is there and they're all laughing at me, telling me it's ok, but laughing at the situation... I just couldn't get out of there quietly. It was so bad, I was MORTIFIED! OY!!! Not a great JCAHO moment. Not the kind of moment you want when trying to exemplify professionalism and productivity, and all that. I didn't do anything WRONG, but I was SO EMBARRASSED!

And well, that was just how my day went. As I said initially....OY YOY YOY YOY YOY!!!

No comments: