Monday, December 19, 2005

Update

An update on some of the daily goings on in my life......

We gave our deposit with the caterer on Sunday. (Thanks Mom and Dad) YAY!!! So now it's REALLY official. Sunday October 22, 2006. And we've chosen a caterer who'll provide us with yummy dairy food at a really yummy price. :) I guess now I have to tackle bands and photographers and oh yeah, the wedding dress. And I'm sure that there are a TON of other details that need to be tackled. I have no doubts that they'll all show up in their turns. It's like a never-ending planning event... all for one day, for one party. But fun and exciting all at the same time. I love having my "sparkly sparkly" on my hand. It's still so new and surprising to see it there, and yet if it's not there I do notice it. YAY for the SPARKLY SPARKLY!!!

Work remains good. I'm definately liking the slower pace, and the environment and the people and I LOVE my desk as I've said multiple times, the only ploblem is that I'm having trouble with my status and my benefits. I thought transfering withing the system would be easier, but it's turning out to be harder because I'm working full time in one and per diem in the other and my status is all weird. So to make a looooong story short, I've been on the phone with human resources from 2 hospitals and things are still moving as slow as molassas. My supervisor told me though that if I need a Dr. I'm covered. I'm just hoping that's right if something happens. I don't want to make any voluntary appointments until I KNOW it's all squared away though. And I need to go to the dentist! But I do like the job, and I'm really happy with the transition. Sometimes I'm completely amazed that I did it. But it really was a good thing for me, and will be even better for me in the long run. So I'm glad, even though I'm tired at the end of the day from all the absorbing I do. And have I ever mentioned that I LOVE HAVING MY OWN DESK!?!?!?!?!?!?!? TEE HEE!!!!!

Hmmmm what else is new. I've been reading the Chronicles of Narnia. I started re-reading The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe because I wanted to refresh my brain before I saw the movie. I've never read the rest of them. And Rob has MOST of the rest of the series, so I've been reading them. They're pretty enjoyable! It's nice to get lost in another magical world for a time. I love it when I can get totally immersed in a story. These are like that. PLUS, I love reading and re-reading childrens books. They're mindless and enjoyable and relaxing. And much easier to get lost in much of the time. I can't even count how many times I've read the "Little House on the Prarie" series. Those were my FAVORITE books growing up and remain so still. (Though new, Harry Potter is a close second though!)

I've been doing/planning for doing some baking. I LOVE the Food Network! I think the only thing I like aboot the holiday season is all the cookie and cake and pie and food recipies that emerge. Plus I'm fascinated by gingerbread houses. And the gingerbread house competition that I watched on the Food Network was AMAZING! The things that people can make with food! It was completely amazing the detail in not just houses but cities and towns and scenes, it was really cool!

And that's that! My update on the mundane and exciting in my life. Hope all your lives are JUST as exciting... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just wanted to say hi and Happy Channukah and stuff since I'm going to Israel tomorrow - Thanks to you!

Btw, It's awesome that you're having a dairy wedding - my friend Tamara wants to have one when she gets married so that she can have real ice cream for dessert. haha
Yay for the sparkly sparkly! Um, and yes, the Food network is amazing and that competition with the gingerbread houses made me cry they were so beautiful - well okay, they made me cry out of jealousy, but still! :)
Happy New year!
-Evi