Monday, February 14, 2005

Conversation Hearts

Well, it's Valentine's Day, and I don't get all happy-go-lucky and obsessive about it. (I don't even LIKE the day for various reasons) BUT, it means that it's time for conversation hearts to flood the candy dishes. Ya know, those icky-tasting, hard-sugar hearts with things written on them. I noticed them at the hospital today. They've changed since I was a kid, probably the last time I had some.

I remember them saying things like Be Mine, Love You, I'm yours, My Girl, or You're Sweet. These said You're Hot, Bad Boy, My Baby, and Email Me! Just slightly different sayings. And yet not so slight.I think that it's just another reminder that either I'm getting old, or kids today are maturing too fast and know WAY more than they should.

Maybe it's just me. Or... Maybe not. What do you think??

No comments: