Thursday, February 17, 2005

On My Day Off...

I had to go to work. Yes, I went to work. Not for pay, but to return a pager. I accidently took the 424 home with me last night. The 424 is the "in charge" pager, for PT/OT/Speech, though mostly PT, the one which the nurses, doctors, and case managers call when they need a patient seen, for discharge planning, for safety, because they want them seen.... RIGHT NOW!!!

And I forgot to take it off yesterday after work and I took it home. And since it's needed, and since it gets paged a million times a day, it couldn't be left for a day, so I had to return it. Oh well. A trip to work on my day off...

Although it wasn't that bad. It took longer to get there and back than it did to drop off the pager, even with the elevators stopping at every floor on the way upstairs. But it had to be done so I did it. It got me up and out early though.

So with my up and early out, I was productive. I got a haircut, well hair trim anyway, I did some errands, I went to the library, went to the gym, took a nap, read, relaxed, cooked tabouleh, and greenbean/bean salad and potato soup, and hard boiled eggs. :) So I had a productive and yet relaxing day off. :)

Days off are nice. Even if they mean you have to work the weekend. But days off are still nice. :)

No comments: