Friday, March 25, 2005

Today I was a Girl

Ok, so my secret is out. I'm not a girl. ;) well, not a girly girl anyway. But I have special events going on this weekend, and well it's Purim too so I thought I'd mark the occasions and do something different. Something for myself for once. Today I got a manicure and pedicure.

WOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOO we say.

It's so COMMON. Something women do all the time, many weekly, if they cna afford it. Not me. Not my thing really. One, I can't afford it, but that's really not the only reason. It's not that I don't enjoy it, it was nice to get the foot massage and feel all clean and perty for once. I just wouldn't want to do it all the time. I'm just not one for painting my nails, I guess. I see better ways to spend time and $$$, PLUS my nails are soft and they break easily AND I have a job where a manicure doesn't hold up well. When you was your hands every 30-60 minutes, it's hard to maintain polished or long nails. So it's just not my thing.

I'm not a girly girl I guess. I don't love to spend long amounts of time on hair and makeup and clothes. I hate to spend the time blow drying my hair, I do it more because I have to to look decent. I don't usually wear makeup, and if I do it's always super simple and it takes me like 5 minutes to do. I HATE to go clothes shopping, I'm not very interested, plus there's the whole size thing.

It's not that I don't look presentable and bad all the time. I take care of myself. I'm always need and clean and well groomed. I don't wear raggedy clothes, my hair isnb't flying all over the place. But I'm just simple. Jeans usually, khakis to work, simple shirts and sweaters, hair in a ponytail, not much if any makeup. And clean fingernails. And hey, I look young. The manicurist asked me my age and was shocked when I said I was almost 27. She said I look 20. I'll take it as a compliment.

So today I was a girly girl. I got my nails painted. And I painted them PINK! My fingers a light pink, and my toes a dark bright PINK! And I worried about my dress for my cousnin Kara's Bat Mitzvah tomorrow, and I plan on spending extra time on my hair and makeup this weekend.

WOOO WOOOO! You're a GIIIIIRRRRRLLLLLL!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carie you looked beautiful. Your girly day was worth it. Sometimes its fun to do the dress-up thing. Its nice to see that we woman can see ourselves with many faces. Lets have a ladies home movie day with me, you, Stef and some girlfriends or even my sisters and your cousins. I suggest we see an old favorite of mine "The Flower Drum Song" It has a great song in it called "I enjoy being a girl".